[LinuxBIOS] Lippert Cool Roadrunner 2 (GX1)

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 21:38:35 CET 2006

On 3/14/06, Per Dalgas Jakobsen <pdj at knaldgas.dk> wrote:
> Resounding silence...

Sorry, your post probally just got lost in all the stuff surrounding
the GX2 and OLPC.

> Well I guess I will have to acquire a POST card and do some digging then.

Until you get a post card my advice would be to edit the start up
assembly and add a series of 5 outs to port 80 in a row and then hang
in a spin loop.   Then you can look at the  ISA IO lines with a scope
and see if you are getting the 5 outs.

No outs then your image needs a closer look.

If you are then walk the outs and hang pattern up the boot chain until
you figure out why your serial port isn't up.

You can also fast track this by doing the same pattern in the early
serial init code and see if you are getting to that code.  if you are
then your super IO is just not getting set up correctly.  If not then
you have to start earlier.

If you don't have access to a scope, well then you may just have to
wait until you get a post card.

--
Richard A. Smith