[LinuxBIOS] two x86 emulators in the tree...

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 01:13:12 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> which of the following x86 emulators in the tree works better
> and are there any plans to eliminate one of them?
>
> LinuxBIOSv2/src/devices/emulator/x86emu/

part of linuxbios

LinuxBIOSv2/util/vgabios/x86emu/src/x86emu/

standalone, for testing.

They had to fork, since one can use glibc, the other can not.

Has anyone recently worked to merge this with current x.org
> and scitech code?

it's been on the list for years. The last time we tried it, with some
"optimized" code from other places, it totally broke.

So we need to be careful.

ron