[LinuxBIOS] well supported current cheap desktop pc mobo recommendation?

Ward Vandewege ward at pong.be
Sat Nov 4 14:41:14 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 05:30:34PM -0600, David H. Barr wrote:
> On 11/3/06, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Eric Waguespack wrote:
> > > Can someone please provide me with a short list of (current / cheap /
> > > desktop oriented) motherboards that enjoy full support with linuxbios?
> >
> > Sorry, there are none. But you are welcome to help us with the task
> > to get at least one modern bard supported. It would certainly be
> > appreciated.
>
> There was recently some discussion with regard to the ASUS A8N-VM CSM,
> which is a widely available and fairly inexpensive motherboard.  That
> effort seems to be somewhat off the radar at this point, pending
> something about a check-in to the tree of C51 code, as I recall.

Yeah. I've got one of these sitting on my desk and can do testing, but I'm
currently hung up on flashrom (can't write) and the C51 code.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(   "Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to    )-
Virtual hosting -(         reinvent it, poorly." -- Henry Spencer          )-