[LinuxBIOS] Patch for vmlinux amd64 with mkelfImage

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Nov 5 13:40:12 CET 2006

* yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> [061105 08:05]:
> I hope you can keep startup_32 in your new arch/x86_64/kernel/head.S.
> then we don't need to switch from 32bit mode to 64 bit mode in head.s
> of mkelfImage.  and still convert 64elf to 32bit elf. Also it would
> make other 32 bit bootloader still can load vmlinux64.

Are we not going to switch to 64bit mode in LinuxBIOS anyways? Then we
just need a 64bit version of mkelfimage.

> Or we need to make elfboot in LinuxBIOS to be 64elf aware, and it need
> to switch 64bit before load 64bit elf.

This is the preferred thing I guess, because it will allow us to use
other 64bit payloads as well without requiring that they do the same
weird 32->64bit trampolining as Linux does...

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613