[LinuxBIOS] #20: Cleanup of all CHIP_NAME() entries

LinuxBIOS svn at openbios.org
Sun Nov 5 19:26:53 CET 2006

#20: Cleanup of all CHIP_NAME() entries
     Reporter:  uwe         |          Owner:  uwe
         Type:  defect      |         Status:  new
    Component:  code        |        Version:  v2
   Resolution:              |       Keywords:
Include_gantt:  0           |   Dependencies:
   Due_assign:  DD/MM/YYYY  |      Due_close:  DD/MM/YYYY
Comment (by stepan):

 In my opinion we should go further and drop the CHIP_NAME macro
 So instead of CHIP_NAME("Via VT8263") it should just read "Via VT8263"
 The CHIP_NAME macro was invented at a time when we were really tight in
 rom space, but it is obviously the wrong approach.

 Acked-by: Stefan Reinauer <stepan at linuxbios.org>

Ticket URL: <http://tracker.linuxbios.org/trac/LinuxBIOS/ticket/20#comment:1>
LinuxBIOS <http://www.linuxbios.org/>