[LinuxBIOS] 440bx stuff

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 20:06:40 CET 2006

Uwe Hermann wrote:

>> This has been done.  It's now i82371eb.
> Why not 82371eb (that's the official name AFAIK)? Is there some
> requirement that directories have to start with a letter?

Its a C thing.  You can't start a variable with a number.  That allows
you to match the directory name to the struct statements in the code.

> I think I'll have a look at this in the next few days. But I might use
> the 855pm code (derived from e7501) as a basis, that looks even better.

the e7501 datasheet has a date on it thats almost a full year earlier
than the 855pm.  I think the register names and operation may be closer
to the 440bx.  But feel free to use whatever.  Its mostly about framework.

Richard A. Smith