[LinuxBIOS] Support for IEI Nova4899R [1]

Luis Correia lfcorreia at lfcorreia.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 6 08:54:08 CET 2006

Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>> Following this, i changed the irq_tables.c file to be like this:
> Did you fix the table's headers too, to read the correct
> number of entries, and the right checksum?  The table you
> derived yours from had only two devices entries, and your
> results are sort-of consistent with that.
Yes, see attached file.
>> Nonetheless, the kernel assumes some strange things, let's keep in
>> mind that
>> the kernel i'm using is an old 2.4.20, which may or may not treat
>> this IRQ
>> assignments correctly. Using pci=biosirq makes no change.
> A newer kernel might help for sure.
I tried to use a current Fedora or CentOS distro, but
both refused this processor. I don't have the stamina
to brew my own kernel right now.

>> These are the IRQ's the kernel assigns:
>> USB    IRQ9
>> eth0   IRQ10
>> eth1   IRQ11
>> eth2   IRQ9
> Can you show us all kernel boot messages about IRQ routing?
> Or just *all* boot messages ;-)
> Segher
Your wish is my command :)

All boot messages and the current irq table are attached.

p.s. don't CC me, i'm on the list.

Luis Correia

believed to be clean.