[LinuxBIOS] Support for IEI Nova4899R [1]

Luis Correia lfcorreia at lfcorreia.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 11 00:22:38 CET 2006

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Luis Correia <lfcorreia at lfcorreia.dyndns.org> [061107 10:39]:
>> We can see thatthe 32k vga bios is copied to the correct place, but
>> nothing is done to the VSA portion, it is true that this VSA code
>> does not have the standard BIOS start values (0x55aa).
>
> Yes, vsa is not an option rom, hence no 55aa.
>
> VSA needs to be called in 16bit mode, GX2 and LX do that in
> northbridge.c
>
> Check out src/cpu/amd/model_gx2/vsmsetup.c

This is a very tricky business!

The VSM code hooks up in lots of places. If I manage to get this
going for my GX1 board, is is possible that it would break other
configurations. And i'm not too confortable with it.

I'm still very rough regarding the creation of a proper
CONFIG_VSA option, that seems to me to be the best way to provide
VSA services to future devices.

It seems that the VSA was made to work only for the OLPC gx2 powered
mainboard.

> Stefan
I will try to do my best with it :)

Luis