[LinuxBIOS] RAM controller breakage?

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Sat Nov 11 16:54:49 CET 2006

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just a bit curious - are there settings/registers in northbridges
> which can seriously brick a mainboard and/or RAM (physically) if abused
> properly?
>
> I'll start testing my 440BX code soon, so I'd like to know what I have
> to expect...
>

> Uwe.

Don't mean to bug you or anything, but I've got a couple more questions,
if you have the time: did you have to do anything with the southbridge
code, or is that all set? And did you start from scratch, or modify the
code that was already there?

And a final question for anyone, if I were to do a flash and it not go
well, do failsafes like key combonations to pull a bios off a floppy
still work, or are those stored in the BIOS?

Corey Osgood