[LinuxBIOS] Support for IEI Nova4899R [1]

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 18:03:07 CET 2006

ron minnich wrote:
> On 11/10/06, Luis Correia <lfcorreia at lfcorreia.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
>> It seems that the VSA was made to work only for the OLPC gx2 powered
>
> it works on several gx2 boards, not just OLPC; and it works on LX.
>
> I don't see a reason it would not work with gx1.

Be wary here. GX1 VSA was very very different architecturally than GX/LX
VSA. In GX1, it was much more insidious to the system. GX/LX was
architected better to keep things divided and cleaner. There is no
reason it should not work without enough effort, but just realize that
GX1 VSA is a bit of a different beast than GX/LX VSA.