[LinuxBIOS] Intel 440bx

Shaddam Corrino IV shaddamcorrinoiv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 05:06:20 CET 2006

[please cc]

 *Peter Stuge* wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 07:56:45PM +0100, Shaddam Corrino IV wrote:
> >* At the time I also do not have any extra EEPROMs so I'll have to pick
> *>* something and buy. Preferably cheap.
> *>*
> *>* http://www.baber.com/baber/411/atrendatc6220.htm
> *>* http://www.baber.com/baber/gifs/411gifs/atc6220large.jpg
> *>* http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/Akiba/hotline/980418/image/atc1.jpg
> *
> That's a DIP-32. Could you peel of the shiny sticker and send the
> part number, please?

Winbond W29C020-90

Or find the datasheet yourself, of course. The important parameters
> are voltage and size.

I found www.romstore.ru/pdf/*W29c020*.pdf
btw: does any kind soul has data sheet for s3 86C357 (Virge GX2)

I'm not sure there are any non-5V DIP flashes but please check.
> Size is almost certainly 128kb or 256kb on the board.

It seems it is DIP-32 5V 256KiB.

> Older DIP flashes can have funky pin configuration depending on size
> so you'll want to check the data sheet of your part. If you're not
> sure how just send us the part number and we'll try to help.

Is this one of those funky models?

> Also, do you know any local electronic component stores that have
> online inventories? Then we could try to find an equivalent for you.

My idea was to either take (a) the specs of the original chip or (b) list of
all equivalent (LB approved) models and visit all nearby electronics stores.
Not sure which idea is better.