[LinuxBIOS] digitallogic/adl855pc will not link

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Wed Nov 22 03:06:01 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:47:29AM -0500, Jon Dufresne wrote:
> So if ROM_IMAGE_SIZE = LB + payload what does ROM_SIZE mean? I
> assume it means the entire size of the ROM, which in my case is
> 512KB.

Yes, correct.

> How is this different than ROM_IMAGE_SIZE. What does the ROM hold
> in addition to LB + payload.

It can hold a VGA BIOS for example. Or a VSA binary image for the
Geodes. Maybe in the future an option ROM image for your SCSI card.

I'm guessing that ROM_IMAGE_SIZE came from the linuxbios_rom

It's a bit complicated.. While people (rightly) only care about the
size of their flash chip, the various binary images that can be
included have to be arranged to fit together somehow..