[LinuxBIOS] IPR issues reg. VGA BIOS and ACPI

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Nov 22 14:18:13 CET 2006

* Abins Jose <abinsj at gmail.com> [061122 07:17]:
> On 11/22/06, yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You need to figure out who has copyright of ACPI tables.
> >
> There are BIOS images available for download on the LinuxBIOS website.
>
> http://qa.linuxbios.org/overview.php
>
> Don't these include VGA BIOS and ACPI?

Some of the boards implement ACPI. Those boards where we redid it from
scratch or used the code opened up by AMD.

None of the images includes a VGA BIOS image. Such image is only
required if you want to use the onboard graphics chips, and I am
currently in the progress of talking to onboard graphics chip vendors to
find a solution for that.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613