[LinuxBIOS] 2 VGA devices

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 21:58:13 CET 2006

We are working on getting LB going on a platform with 2 VGA devices.
One is an "on-board" ATI ES1000, meaning it is soldered down, without
a ROM attached to it (it is usually built into the platform BIOS
image).

The second VGA device is a plug in PCI card (XGI Z9S).

The PCI slot is on the same bus as the "on-board" graphics controller.

We would like to use the plug-in card as the VGA interface.

We tried the "off" option (in Config.lb) for the on-board PCI device,
but it still tries to load it as the VGA console (it does not work,
since there is no ROM).

We want the plugin card's option ROM to be run, and the "on-board"
controller should not be used. What is the correct way to achive what
we want? Basically, a way to hide the ATI controller would be
sufficient.

Thanks