[LinuxBIOS] Tyan Thunder n6650W ( S2915 ) support

raphael Jacquot sxpert at sxpert.org
Wed Nov 29 10:34:13 CET 2006

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 08:41:36AM +0100, Raphaël Jacquot wrote:
>> could anyone tell me if there are any chances to see that board
>> supported ?
>
> Someone else likes it too: http://www.k9we.com/

heh, thanks for the link

> There is support for Rev F in the tree and MCP55 is underway if not
> already done.

good news

> The specs list some other chips though:
> Chipset
>   nVIDIA NFP3600 + NPF3050
>   NEC nPD720404 PCI-X tunnel
>   SMSC Super I/O
>
> (Is MCP55 slang for the 3600+3050?)
>
> The NEC PCI-X chip is not supported but maybe it doesn't require any
> special support. (Ie. HT/PCI config is enough.)
>
> 8Mbit flash is nice, you will probably want a Linux kernel so you can
> boot from the nice SAS controller.

hmm.. I wasn't planning on getting the one with the sas controller...
the idea was to get a nice areca raid controller for the 16 disks that
I'll be able to fit in my Chenbro 41416B case ;D
I only need a could sata drives (raid 1) to fit the OS...

> Possibly the chipset can decode 16Mbit in which case you'll fit Linux
> without effort. 8 will require some care in building the kernel but
> it's quite doable.

right

do they make bios saviors for that size memory ?