[LinuxBIOS] Support for recent chipset and powerful desktop CPU

Simon Labrecque agarwal at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 30 17:37:36 CET 2006

Good point. While it would be quite easy to add FireWire support through a
PCI card, it sure would be nice to have support for it native to the
motherboard.

The problem with the MSI K9N is that the Northbridge's passive cooler is
said to get very, VERY hot, which might be problematic in our application as
noise (and therefore airflow) needs to be minimized.

I haven't tested it personally though, but every review I read on the K9N
seems to mention the heat issue. That's why I liked the Abit board in the
first place; passively cooled, but with heat pipes and an easy way out for
the heat.

I guess we would need to test such a board in our "harsh" environment to
know if it could survive there.

Simon Labrecque