[LinuxBIOS] FW: rev F support code

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Oct 6 19:52:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 08:57:57AM -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> you can include it by reference, see drivers/net:
>
>          Copyright 1993 United States Government as represented by the
> Director,
>          National Security Agency.  This software may only be used and
> distributed
>          according to the terms of the GNU General Public License as
> modified by SRC,
>          incorporated herein by reference.
>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The key part
>
> if it's good enough for the NSA ...

Hm, I don't really understand what the issue is here. I've never seen
this "incorporated herein by reference" being used, but I guess it's
not better or worse than a single line such as

  This code is distributed without warranty under the GPL v2 (see COPYING)

which we have in the code already, in a few places.

IMHO the clearest and most common header is the full 10-line or so
version I posted.

Disk space is cheap, cut'n'pasting is fast, so I don't see a reason to
not use it...

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann