[LinuxBIOS] amideco, awardeco, phnxdeco now in Debian

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 6 20:50:25 CEST 2006

Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Uwe Hermann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just wanted to let you all know that amideco, awardeco, and phnxdeco
>> by Anton Borisov have entered Debian unstable yesterday.
>>
> can we put those in linuxbios util too?

Why? Decompressing factory BIOS is not our main goal. It may be convenient
to get the VGA BIOS from some factory BIOS in this way, but I hope we
won't have to suck in loads of code from other projects for that.
buildrom is already able to fetch additional packages from the net,
why not reuse that functionality?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--