[LinuxBIOS] Tyan s2892 the OLPC way

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Fri Oct 13 18:41:42 CEST 2006

I've used OLPC buildrom as a base, customized the kernel to include the SATA
drivers, IDE, EXT2, EXT3. I removed the boot menu and successfully boot into
a shell with pciutils.

I can't mount my IDE hard drive, even though I can see it in the /proc
filesystem.  I'm trying mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /hdd.

When I do an lspci, all the IRQs are routed to IRQ 0.  I don't know if this
is the root of the problem, or a symptom.

How can I make sure that the PCI settings that I set up in LinuxBIOS get
passed on?

An unrelated note for those that are into OLPC: in linuxrc two of the device
files get made as text files because they are not there early enough in the

/sbin/makedevs /dev < device.txt > /dev/null

is bad because it creates a text file where /dev/null should be.

The same thing happens to /dev/console in a different place.