[LinuxBIOS] asus A8N-VM CSM

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Oct 13 23:53:54 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 12:32:13PM -0700, Lu, Yinghai wrote:
> The SuperIO chip is - according to the URL pasted above - an Nvidia
> nforce
> 430MCP. The actual chip on the mainboard reads:
>   Nvidia
>   P5080239 0534A2
>   MCP51-N-A2
>   GH 9940.1

Wait, I think this is actually (just) the southbridge, the Super I/O is
probably another chip. Please check this screenshot:

The chip in the lower-right corner should be the Super I/O, which is
probably a Winbond W83627EHG-A. The manual for the mainboard seems to
suggest the same, see screenshot on page 65 of this PDF:

If this is the case, it's probably easy to get the Super I/O working.
According to
the W83627EHG is compatible with the W83627HG which is in turn
compatible with the W83627HF, which is supported by LinuxBIOS :)

HTH, Uwe.
Uwe Hermann
http://www.it-services-uh.de  | http://www.crazy-hacks.org
http://www.holsham-traders.de | http://www.unmaintained-free-software.org