[LinuxBIOS] commit rules

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:30:10 CEST 2006

On 10/23/06, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> * ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [061023 02:29]:
> > so, for my benefit, what does the process look like.
> >
> > I make a change. I do this:
> > svn diff
> > and mail it to the list, with a signed-off-by: on it, and then what?
>
> Then people review it and send their Acked-by: to the list. If you have
> the first Acked-by: you check it in.

There is a slight complication with this.  Not a really big deal but
one everyone should remember.  Svn diff does not show moves or
renames. Only adds and modifies.

Those can only be done by someone with commit privlidges.  So they
will have to either describe what they want to do or create a patch
with non svn methods.

--
Richard A. Smith