[LinuxBIOS] flashrom, uniflash.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Sep 1 01:25:26 CEST 2006

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [060831 23:55]:
> Another important issue is that flashrom should support many, many chips
> and baords, as few people will be willing to buy expensive hardware just
> for flashing.
>
> There's Uniflash, but that has the problem of being Pascal+DOS,
> currently. I tried for a few minutes to build it with GNU Pascal or
> FreePascal, but that didn't work easily (needs more work, maybe).
> Has anybody else managed to build it for Linux?

And then there's /dev/bios. It supports quite a lot of hardware
and it talks to the hardware in a smarter way than most flash drivers
in "flashrom". This is why I still get regular mails for the driver.

But it should be all integrated in flashrom, its architecture is a lot
more sane. (And it does not need to recompile the software for every
kernel update :-/)

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613