[LinuxBIOS] changes in decompress coming.

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:18:13 CEST 2006

> > I tested this idea against several users and they really hated it.
>
> weird. What were their reasons?

I was against it because I don't see it as discoverable or self documenting.

Looking at the config file

COMPRESS= [0,1,2,3] dosen't mean much.

I suppose if you could abstract that to all symbolics such that

CONFIG_COMPRESS=[NONE,LZMA, NRV2B]

Then that would be better.

I really don't like how vague our config options are.  I am IMed by
people all the time asking me what config option such and such does.
I have to go grep through the code to figure it all out since I can't
keep them straight myself.

If we could just make those option _say_ what they are doing then its
much better off in the long run.    Much more discoverable

So if we can make =[foo,man,chu] really mean something and be
discoverable then I'm all for it.

--
Richard A. Smith