[LinuxBIOS] FILO problems with an NCD ThinStar terminal

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sun Sep 17 01:20:10 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

> Try making the kernel into an elf and booting that directly, perhaps?

That was the first thing I tried but it didn't work, although now I know
about adding the proper signature/loader near the front of the ELF file
I might try it again.

I actually got it to work late last night, it turns out I hadn't
specified the section load address correctly in the linker script when I
was embedding the kernel image into FILO - once I did that it detected
the kernel and loaded it.  Yay!

It was a pretty roundabout way of getting the kernel image into the FILO
ELF file though:

(modified from ARM to i386, of course.)  Is this the only way of
embedding a binary file into an ELF image?