[LinuxBIOS] FILO problems with an NCD ThinStar terminal

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sun Sep 17 02:42:29 CEST 2006

> > Is this the only way of embedding a binary file into an ELF image?
> You mean besides mkelfImage? :)

Sorry, maybe I wasn't being so clear that time - I already have the ELF
file (in this case filo.elf) and I want to add an arbitrary binary file
into that existing ELF file (in this case the binary file is a kernel
image, either the raw bzImage, or an ELF file created by mkelfImage -
which would include all the ELF headers that mkelfImage generated.)

The idea being that I can create a section in filo.elf that says "load
the binary image into memory at offset 0x400000", then I can tell FILO
to boot from memory address 0x400000 - upon which it will report finding
a kernel in ELF format (or in native Linux format) at that memory
location and proceed to boot it.