[LinuxBIOS] Two problems

ROHIT VENKATACHALAM rohitvenkat at sify.com
Tue Sep 12 16:14:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

   I am having two problems with LinuxBIOS.

1. I have an ATI 3D Rage Pro onboard video rom. I have got the vgabios rom for it. I cat it with linuxbios.rom and produce the final linuxbios image. During execution, after entering the x86 emulator, there is a message saying -

halt_sys:/home/rohit/LinuxBIOSv2/src/devices/emulator/x86emu/ops.c   line 2136

but the execution of LinuxBIOS continues and nothing is seen on the monitor. Whats the problem?

2. I am using FILO in Etherboot to boot linux already stored in a SATA disk. But I am getting the following message -

No Drive detected on IDE Channel 2

What could be the problem?

Please reply ASAP.

Regards,