[LinuxBIOS] epia

Tyler Pohl tylerapohl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 18:48:40 CEST 2006

My epia board is the -->

The flash chip is 2Mb

I am using the epia source NOT the epia-m

I am trying to assembly linuxbios with vga using filo and fallback. (no

I used the perl program on linuxbios web site to extra my VGA bios to a file
(49KB).  I can't compile linuxbios into a 207KB file because I get
XIP_ROM_BASE errors.

I have a copy of the original VGA(file made my the perl program) and flash
chip(dd).  When I HEX compare the two files how come I can't find the VGA
hex in the flash chip ?

I have read all the documents on the linuxbios website more than twice.

You need to enable two CONFIG options in your Mainboard Option.lb

    #VGA Console
    option CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN=1

When I enable those I get errors.  Some kind of undefined erros.

Tyler Pohl