[LinuxBIOS] Problem to Support SuperIO Winbond W83977AF

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Apr 2 19:02:25 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:03:07PM +0200, ccases at navista.fr wrote:
> I have create a linuxbios file for my embeded mother board call Adavantech
> PCM-5823, and I have some problem with the fonctionality of the superIO
> winbond W83977AF/TF, when I put LinuxBIOS in my chip, I have nothing on
> screen and no information on the COM port.

VGA is initialized a lot later, getting serial output is the first step,
usually.

> In linuxBIOS I used the superIO winbond W83977TF. According to the
> documentation of the winbond W83977AF and W83977TF the chip is virtually
> identical, but the are some difference on the number of I/O programable
> port.
>
> For now I'm blocked. If somebody has a solution for my problem, I thank it
> by advance.

Without knowing which code you're using we cannot say very much. Can you
post the full patch of the code you're trying to use?

Also, are you sure your null-modem cable is ok? Is it attached to the
correct COM port? Can you connect to another machine when Linux runs
(using minicom for example)? Are your BAUD rate settings correct?

Uwe.