[LinuxBIOS] IDE become readonly, why?

Beneo beneo at comcast.net
Fri Apr 6 00:25:38 CEST 2007

when boot from factory BIOS, cat /proc/cmdline output this:
ro root=LABEL=/ debug console=ttyS0,115200n8

I removed ro from the line, it still have the same issue. I made up the filo
linux boot line by look at the grub.conf file in this Linux install.
I don't know, I'm not a expert on this. but the "ro" maybe means mount the
randisk image readonly, not the root file system?

Come back to my question,  does LinuxBIOS actually setup IDE interface. I
know it enables IDE from Chipset level, but does it actully program the IDE
interface, for example using port 1F0, 170 and etc.

Thanks

Beneo