[LinuxBIOS] Is the Cache as Ram for Gx2 processor?

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:50:10 CEST 2007

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Hao Li <lihao at mprc.pku.edu.cn> [070406 15:06]:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is there cache as ram codes for amd gx2 processor?
>>
>> I don not think the codes in cpu/amd/car will work fine with gx2…
>
> Why?

Because AMD GX and LX share little with the AMD64 architecture. From
looking at the CAR code, it does a lot of its work with MTRRs. Geodes do
not have MTRRs, so it just won't work as-is. (they have similar
functionality to MTRRs, but they are not compatible)

As Hao is suspecting, AMD64 CAR won't work on Geode.

There isn't anything in LB to do CAR (but it would be possible).