[LinuxBIOS] IDE become readonly, why?

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon Apr 9 19:23:00 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 10:02:15AM -0700, Beneo wrote:
> For the RTC patch, it is porting for a SMSC SIO, I didn't see
> LinuxBIOS has this SIO porting. The part number is SCH--4703, I
> don't know how to contribute it to LinuxBIOS tree.

Ahh! It's new code, sorry, forgot that.

Please have a look at http://linuxbios.org/Development_Guidelines to
learn most if not all you need to know to submit a patch.

Also, when submitting patches, please make sure they apply cleanly to
the very latest revision of the tree.

The simplest way to do this is to always keep your own tree updated
by running svn up now and then, or when you see a new revision
announced on the list. After an update, there may be conflicts that
need to be resolved manually by you if you have been working on code
that was also changed in the new revision.

> I haven't get the chance to take look at my NIC issue yet, I will
> certainly check the interrupt when I get the chance.

Feel free to ask the list if you run into trouble!

//Peter