[LinuxBIOS] An idea, of sorts

will.nichols at comcast.net will.nichols at comcast.net
Wed Apr 11 01:10:01 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've been lurking on the list for quite some time, and felt a need to reply to this post.  I use dental floss underneath my  PLCC's.  Lay 3 or 4 inches centered in the bottom of the socket, from one corner to it's diagonal neighbor.  Plug the chip in as usual.  When you want to remove it, pull up on the free ends of the floss.  Not as cool as the pushpins, but it works.

Will
From: "Tom Sylla" <tsylla at gmail.com>