[LinuxBIOS] r2582 - in trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/src/superio: . fintek fintek/f71805f

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Apr 11 22:38:08 CEST 2007

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [070411 22:20]:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 09:52:57PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> I don't think we had a clear resolution when we last discussed this.
>
> IMHO this procedure is ok:
>
>  - Only add a Signed-off-by if you modified the code. If you're just
>    committing someone else's code unmodified, you don't sign-off (but the
>    patch creator must have signed-off of course; patches without sign-offs
>    must never be committed).
>
>  - Any code which gets committed must have at least one Signed-off-by
>    _and_ at least one Acked-by. Thus, if you commit other people's code
>    unmodified you add your Ack (if and only if you think the code looks
>    good, of course).

What about the case when a patch is slightly reworked.

I think in this case there should be a Signed-off-by: and an Acked-by:
by the committer. Going through the whole review process and finding
yet another person person to ack it should not be possible.

This would mean if two people are working on a patch and they both agree
it should go in, they can "override" the system. That's no problem for
the 4-eyes principle though.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613