[LinuxBIOS] Booting Windows XP / Vista - Google Summer of Code
augusto.pedroza at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:31:42 CEST 2007
I am very excited for having been selected for GSoC with such a
My project consists of booting windows Xp /Vista on LinuxBIOS.
Right now, I have the following responsibilities:
1. Evaluating which of the following projects will best fit our needs
- using a dedicated LinuxBIOS loader (ie. adapting
- booting Windows on top of Linux using
- fixing ADLO <http://linuxbios.org/ADLO> so that it boots Vista/XP
and removing the mainboard dependencies in it's code.
2. I have been figuring out what are the main differences in between
Windows XP and Vista booting process.
I already got some papers by Ron Minnich, Adam Sulmicki (
Boot Configuration Data in Windows Vista by Microsoft (*
I would appreciate any suggestions, tools you guys think that would be
Thanks a lot and hope to have a great summer,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the coreboot