[LinuxBIOS] List of supported mainboards in the wiki

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Apr 18 21:42:08 CEST 2007

Hi Uwe,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 05:39:03PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> I've reworked the list of supported mainboards in the wiki quite a bit
> recently. The most notable change is that the boards are now sorted into
> categories.
>
> http://linuxbios.org/Supported_Motherboards
>
> For now we have these categories:
>
>   * Desktops / Workstations
>   * Servers
>   * Laptops
>   * Embedded / SBC / PC/104
>   * Mini-ITX
>   * Set-top-boxes / Thin clients
>   * Devel/Eval Boards
>   * Miscellaneous
>
> Please have a look at all the mainbaords and let me know whether they're
> in the correct category, and/or if we need more categories etc.

This is great. Organizing the boards like that is very helpful I think,
particularly for new users.

> (the distinction between "desktop" and "server" is often quite subjective,
> thus I used whatever the vendor used; if the board is marked as
> "server solution" or such it goes into the server categrory)

Yeah - I guess that distinction is debatable for some of these boards. But as
a criterion that's a pretty good choice.

> Please also check the "Status" fields, some are still marked "?" and we
> should mark them either as "OK" or "Broken/WIP"...

I have a more general question about the status field. When do we consider a
board 'OK' (motherboard is fully supported)? For instance; the Tyan S2881 and
S2882 are listed as 'OK' even though there is no ACPI support, which means
that fan control doesn't work (at least last time I checked).

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>