[LinuxBIOS] Instructions: GA-M57SLI-S4 dual linux bios

ST st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 19 10:33:13 CEST 2007

Hi Peter

Am Donnerstag, 19. April 2007 05:44 schrieb Peter Stuge:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:26:55PM +0200, ST wrote:
> > http://private.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/st/instructions.html
> Shows up blank in my mozilla, but read it in lynx.
Huh?! Thats really plain HTML and i could read it with Konqui and Iceweasel
(aka Firefox). But to be sure i just validated the page:

> What size is the SMD resistor? 0805, 0603 or something else?
> And what does it do? Where is it connected?
The resistor is connected to INIT# of PLCC32 socket. It's an pullup which has
been missing for the open pads. This pullup will eventually be pulled down by
the switch connected to pad T12.

> Please confirm once you've tried flashrom. Booting only requires
> reads to work, but IIRC all relevant signals were connected across.
Yes but first i have to get some rom image. Or is the original firmware from
Gigabyte in a format that can be used by flashbios?

>> Current kernels only need "acpi_use_timer_override" as cmdline
>> option for successfull booting.
>Do we know why?
Well actually i filed a bugreport: