[LinuxBIOS] List of supported mainboards in the wiki

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Apr 19 14:01:49 CEST 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:50:28AM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > (the distinction between "desktop" and "server" is often quite subjective,
> > thus I used whatever the vendor used; if the board is marked as
> > "server solution" or such it goes into the server category)
>
> 1. I would vote to combine desktop/workstation/server because of this
> fuzziness. It doesn't make the list too much longer, and it stops you from
> having to check both places.

I don't want to do that. There have been many requests and questions
about desktop-style mainbaords which are supported in LinuxBIOS, thus
it's a good thing to have a "Desktop" section (even if it's a bit fuzzy).

> The Tyan boards especially seem randomly placed.

Yep, but they aren't. Those are the boards which are marked as
"workstation solution" on tyan.com.

> 2. These boards seemed funny to me (Yellow OK or Yellow ...)
>
> DIGITAL-LOGIC  MSM586SEG
> VIA  EPIA-M

I don't know the extact status of these two. Who has more information?

> TeleVideo  TC7020

This is yellow with a footnote eplaining the known issues/problems of
the board. Maybe we should change "OK" to "Mostly OK" or something
similar (but shorter)?
That's the intention of the yellow color -- it works mostly, but some
smaller issues remain.

Uwe.