[LinuxBIOS] VGA on iwill:dk8_htx: a reqest and a question?

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Fri Apr 20 01:51:19 CEST 2007

I have got VGA working on Tyan S2865, it uses ATI (vendor 1002) RageXL
(device 4752) , it looks like you have a RageXL also (but different
subsystem ID)

What I did was to use the linuxbios native drivers/ati/ragexl, not the
VGA BIOS. (drivers/pci/onboard)

In Config.lb:

                                        device pci 9.0 on end # PCI
                                          chip drivers/ati/ragexl
                                               device pci 6.0 on end

In Options.lb:

And don't prepend VGA BIOS or shrink size of linuxbios.

Then i arrange for the linux initrd to load module atyfb.ko

fbconsole is enabled, and X.org works with driver "fbdev", but not
"ati", since "ati" driver wants to run VGA BIOS.

This doesn't give support to linuxbios, only once linux has booted, but
it's a start.  I haven't tried, but there might be support in