[LinuxBIOS] Quick & Easy Success with Tyan S1832DL! (SMP 440BX)

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 28 00:58:56 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 23:37 +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:

> OK, this _looks_ good, but I'm not sure it actually works. Did you start
> from a cold boot (power-off)?

Yupper! Cold as in Cold Beer. :-)

> Results which you get from merely soft-resetting the system are not reliable.
> > If the above DRAM memory search range is a custom that is related to
> > this specific Tyan S1832DL, how about I provide an svn diff for
> > inclusion into the tree?  (If not, will just keep using s1846 tree and
> > is preferable for further code updates.)
> No need for a patch here, I think.
> What needs fixing is the code in raminit.c which is generic for all 440BX
> boards...

I've posted additional info about the 440BX boards I've test here onto
my website, along wit a S1832DL prebuilt rom image for others to have
fun with.

BTW. I like the WP1 & WP2 indicators for the website documentation on
the chips denoting what needs work.
Key fingerprint = 8977 A252 2623 F567 70CD 1261 640F C963 1005 1D61

Fri Apr 27 15:57:11 PDT 2007