[LinuxBIOS] Is that mainboard supported? - DTK PRM-0080I E1

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sat Apr 28 06:21:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 11:59:18PM -0400, Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
> Is that mainboard supported? - DTK PRM-0080I E1
>
> Northbridge: 440BX

There is 440BX code in LinuxBIOS v1 that should be working, but I
don't know if anyone has tested it for quite some time.

There is currently work being done to port the 440BX code over to v2,
but this has proven to be a bit of a challenge.

> Southbridge: Intel FW82371EB

This seems to be supported in LinuxBIOS v2 already.

> CPU:  Celeron 500 (Using a slot/370 adapter)

Slot 1 isn't explicitly supported, but PGA370 is so it will probably
work out fine.

> Super I/O chip: Winbond W83977EF-AW

W83977TF is supported, but there is work also on boards with EF. The
two are very similar so this should not be a problem.

> Type of BIOS device: Winbond W29C020C-90B

Yep, this is supported in the flashrom utility.

Overall you're in pretty good shape, except for the critical central
440BX northbridge. :)

Not completely supported today, but perhaps in the near future.

//Peter