[LinuxBIOS] booting from PCI bus card

Quux pawn2be.wild at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 29 16:38:41 CEST 2007

that is the point - the issue was discussed here a couple of days ago.

a regular PCI expansion BIOS is called too late during POST by legacy
BIOS. The Altera MAXII has a patch field to put a flash mem into.

this PCI space mapping business is the key point. chipset's provide for
booting from PCI space but I wonder whether they need to be told to do
so by a hardware switch / signal or whether a small patching of legacy
bios would do the trick.   --Q