[LinuxBIOS] ECS top hat flash - dual-bios-circuit useable elsewhere ?

Quux pawn2be.wild at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 29 20:06:08 CEST 2007

I just managed to get my hands on a top hat flash.

it is an empty plcc32 socket to flip over an soldered in flash chip.
attached to the socket is a secondary flash mem and some circuitry to
handle the "chip enable" signal, i.e. pull down the primary one and
daisy chain the data/addr bus.

now I wonder, whether it is risky to use it on a non Elitegroup
mainboard and it might brick a mobo with no matching circuitry.
Ideally, I hope it works on a Gigabyte M57.    should I give it a go
?    --Q