[LinuxBIOS] ICH4 BIOS chip not recognised.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Aug 4 20:11:25 CEST 2007

* Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> [070804 03:36]:
> 1024 kb. Since this happens regardless of the identification routine
> used, I assume it is not an ID at all, but some value stored every 128
> kb on the flash chip.

What is the actual flash chip vendor/device of that system?

On some chips the jedec ID command returns flash sector protection
information instead of  the ID.

It might also be that the ID mode is never left again, which makes it
always return the same values.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613