[LinuxBIOS] Generic RAM detection routine

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Aug 9 17:21:06 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 11:03:09AM -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:
> > since EDO/FPM don't have a SPD eeprom
>
> Cool for simms,

Which I think is the scope of the code.

> but not sure how this would work out for SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, etc.

I don't think it's a good idea to try to cover all types of RAM with
one piece of code. The different memory types need different init so
it will be more like a library.

> There is alot of data that comes from the SPD eeprom that
> the nothbridge needs to set up its registers, and check for
> compatability, etc. That's where the SMBUS needs to come in....

Yep. There's been some work to unify SPD already, but I think most of
the improvements here will be in v3.

//Peter