[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom -- Current Status

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Aug 10 14:30:52 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 05:21:11PM +0700, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> > I really prefer using whatever API Windows offers.
>
> That's why I'm trying this Hal***BusDataByOffset right now.

Aye.

> Some developers say that they work in some platform and not in
> others.

It's marked as deprecated in MSDN since Windows 2000 and it is
suggested to use the PnP manager instead. These code snippets look
useful:

http://www.hollistech.com/Resources/Misc%20articles/getbusdata.htm
http://www.freelists.org/archives/wdmaudiodev/03-2004/msg00010.html

I also found a code snippet from PLX (who make PCI interface chips)
saying that sending IRPs crashes Windows 98. I would easily sacrifice
Win98/ME in favor of Vista or even XP if neccessary.

> That's why I want to test it first hand ;-). I'm
> completing/reviewing the code right now before testing it in my
> testbed machines.
>
> Stay tuned :-)

Great! I'm looking forward to the results! :)

//Peter