[LinuxBIOS] Read SPD issue

Robert Vogel vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Sun Aug 12 04:59:55 CEST 2007

Simple questions. I hope you don't mind. The LinuxBios Product page does not
seem to show a motherboard for a desktop machine.

A few months ago I read that LinuxBios could run on the GA-M57SLI-S4
motherboard.

There are some problems
(http://linuxbios.org/GIGABYTE_GA-M57SLI-S4_Build_Tutorial) though. To
change the BIOS requires soldering a new socket onto the board and, even at
that, there is a possibility that the board could be ruined in the process.
I don't have the skills required to modify the board, so it is a
modification that I need done by someone else. Would you recommend this
machine for desktop use ?

Is there a desktop AMD 64 Linux machine with LinuxBios available from a good
commercial vendor ?

Thanks in advance,
Bob