[LinuxBIOS] where are we on the MSI K9N Neo-F?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Aug 13 01:29:11 CEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 06:25:26PM -0400, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> Where are we with that board?

I don't think anyone got around to it.

> It's cheap and on the face of it should be fairly easy to port -
> MCP55 chipset, etc. There was some concern about the ehternet card?

For LB purposes the NIC is not likely to cause problems, I think the
uncertainty was about a Linux driver for it. drivers/net/forcedeth.c
does support the relevant PCI IDs (PCI_DEVICE_ID_NVIDIA_NVENET_14/15,
0x0372/0x0373) according to the FreeBSD nfe driver.

> I think I'll get this board or perhaps one of the Abit KN9 ones
> that are very similar to the Gigabyte M57SLI-S4. All have a PLCC
> socket which is a big plus.
>
> If anyone has been working on these boards give me a shout - I'd
> like to put some work into adding support for one of these.

I don't know if Carl-Daniel got a response from the desktop BIOS
people at MSI, I got the impression we'd be able to get some help
from them if we needed it, but I suppose it would be easier for
them to answer specific questions.

//Peter