[LinuxBIOS] Is my motherboard supported?...

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:32:41 CEST 2007

Robert Oscilowski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to know if my motherboard is supported.
> I'm pretty sure most of its components are at least work-in-progress,
> but I'm not sure.
> Here is what I know about my system:
>
> CPU: Intel Pentium II 400Mhz -- I'm thinking about upgrading it soon...

This board can only handle a 100MHz FSB, so keep that in mind. If you
get a CPU with a 133MHz FSB, it will run at 100MHz, but you effectively
get a 25% speed loss because of the north bridge.

> Northbridge: Intel 82443BX

WIP? Not sure if this ever got wrapped up, but it boots.
> Southbridge: Intel 82371EB
> Super I/O: SMSC FDC37M707

Not supported, yet. the fdc37m60x is supported though, should be an easy
port.
> Mainboard: Intel SE440BX-2
> *Flash Chip: Intel... TSOC? It's a pity I can't send pictures; I need
> help identifying it!

Yes, this is a TSOP flash chip, it should be located behind the top ISA
slot, below the CMOS battery. You'll need to have that replaced with a
TSOP socket to test linuxbios.

-Corey