[LinuxBIOS] One very important device to support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Aug 18 11:42:36 CEST 2007

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 11:21:22AM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> The value of overclocking is very questionable

It has huge educational value, which is why I think it's important
that LB can do it. ..or maybe not..

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 09:55:02AM +0700, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> Yeah, agree with that ;-). It shouldn't be given to the unknowns.

I disagree. Let user shoot self in foot. Maybe politely warn though.

> But, what about an "overclocking/underclocking branch" for
> LinuxBIOS?

My idea is that these tweaks are contained in a separate piece of
software. Maybe lbmenu. There's a certain point in letting LB stay LB
and just do a very safe, always known-working setup. Then add fancy
schmancy on top of that.

This is also important because we may like to have fallback use
different performance profiles. Easily done with tweaks in a payload.

//Peter