[LinuxBIOS] One very important device to support

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Aug 18 12:52:05 CEST 2007

* popkonserve <popkonserve at gmx.de> [070818 12:19]:
> user adjustable i would have to enforce them. i don't think that telling
> the user to read the source code and uncomment some performance options
> is a real solution. who wants/can to read the source code anyway?

Basically those people who understand what those options are for. I
doubt anyone who knows that is unable to read a config file.

The question is: Why would you set your system up in a non-optimal way
in the first place.

If a setting is possible, stable and performance-improving, lets always
set it. If not, it is no good?

> since we have the datasheets and the programming skills to adjust
> (almost) anything on the supported chipsets we should share it. this is
> not a risk, it is a feature! if anyone really needs links to performance
> gains beyond the 10% mark i'll post some on the mailing list.

I do agree here. Please do post those links, if possible.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613